Scotchgard Spot Remover & Upholstery Cleaner is a ready-to-use aerosol product specially formulated for daily use on common spots and spills. This effective spot remover is an important part of the 3M carpet care system.
• Aerosol delivers a thick white foam which minimizes the overuse of chemicals and moisture on the carpet
• Effectively removes most common spots and spills
• No rinsing required
• No sticky residue to cause resoiling Applications:
• Commercial and residential carpets
• Most carpet fibers (nylon, polyester, olefin, wool and blends)
• Most carpet styles (loop or cut piles)
• Safe for use on stain resistant nylon fibers
• Upholstery fabrics that can be safely cleaned with water
General Use Directions:
Note: Apply a small amount of product in an inconspicuous area to make sure the product is safe for use on your fabric. Allow the product to dry, and if the color or texture of the fabric is changed, do not use the product.
1. Loosen any solid material using a dull spatula, spoon, or butter knife by scrapping toward the center of the spot.
2. Vacuum away the dried material before applying spot remover.
3. Shake can and apply a uniform layer of foam to the spotted area extending the application about 1” beyond the spot.
4. Allow 1-2 minutes for the chemical to penetrate the fibers.
5. Use a dull tool to work the spot remover deep into the pile.
6. Blot using white paper towels or absorbent rags – never scrub.
7. Blot from the outer edge toward the center of the spot.
8. Turn the blotting material often to expose a fresh side of the cloth.
9. Continue blotting until no color from the spot is being transferred to the cloth.
1. Absorb wet spills as soon as possible using white paper towels or absorbent rags.
2. After removing as much liquid as possible follow steps 3-9 above.
1. Thoroughly vacuum the upholstery.
2. Shake can and apply a uniform layer of foam to the soiled area.
3. Allow 1-2 minutes for the chemical to penetrate the fabric.
4. Blot using white paper towels or absorbent rags – never scrub.
5. Turn the blotting material often to expose a fresh side of the cloth.
6. Allow fabric to dry completely and vacuum.